Industry leaders. 100 Speakers. Unique networking opportunities.
North Atlantic Seafood Forum draws the leading players in cold-water seafood. Our emphasis is on the vital connections between cutting edge innovation, technology, research, policy, finance, trade and commercialization.
NASF is a rare opportunity to meet and interact with the world’s leading seafood operators. Grab the chance to listen to around 100 key players share the latest news, developments and thoughts on the business.
Sign up today!
Marin Harvest: Strong presence at NASF 2014
Top executives from the world’s largest seafood company will give 4 presentations the 5th and 6th of March. Marin Harvest board Member Tor Olav Trøim will give a key-note address at NASF Opening March 5th. Trøim will explain why Gevaran initially invested in salmon farming, why this has become a long-term investment, and how he expects the industry to develop in the future.
CEO Alf Helge Aarskog will participate in the Salmon Industry Panel discussing “Expansion of global salmon production” and present Marine Harvest under the Pareto Corporate Finance Seminar Day Two, March 6th.
FOU Director Øyvind Oaland will participate in the NASF Sustainability and Communications Seminar on March 6th with the theme: “Our collective journey to demonstrate the sustainability of salmon”.
Social events: Where business is done.
Get ready to mingle: Every year, numerous CEOs, managers and decision-makers from seafood industry trades and professions worldwide attend NASF. Not only to gain insight into the seafood industry's global concerns, but also to benefit from its excellent networking opportunities, as arranged by NASF every year.
Wine and dine: In addition to coffee breaks and lunches, NASF organizes a unique programme of social events, including a cocktail reception, a buffet dinner for conference delegates and meetings and dinners following the different seminars.
Don’t miss your chance to meet potential business partners from around the globe!
Leading experts. Valuable insight.
Day One, March 5th
Hear from leading experts on the seafood industry! Speakers from a variety of fields including business, retail and science present today’s most pressing global issues.
- Presentations on Day One revolve around food security on the global agenda, the expansion of global salmon production, and retailer perspectives on sustainable growth in seafood.
- Do not miss this year’s keynote address, held by senior scientist Svein Sunby from The Institute of Marine Research (N), entitled ”How will the changes in climate impact the seafood industry?”
Explore the 2014 programme now!
Sustainability: transition, opportunities and advantages
Day Two, March 6th
NASF welcomes you to a day of asking the right questions – to get to the right answers. What are the industry leaders doing, and what is the future of sustainability in the seafood industry? Join the NASF Sustainability and Communications seminar to find out.
- Chair of the Day, Dr. Luc van Hoof from ERARO (NL) welcomes you by asking why sustainability is important. Throughout the day you will gain insight into highly relevant aspects of sustainability in fisheries, aquaculture, research, processing and retail.
- “Do we need to see a transition, and if so – what incentives can we use from the market to drive improvements?” asks James Anderson from The World Bank (US). Maria Gjølberg from DNV GL (N) addresses sustainability as a market advantage, and asks how good you are at communicating your sustainability performance.
- The seminar covers a wide range of topics, from the challenges and opportunities offered by sustainable practices, to the role of science and innovation in the industry. It presents speakers from around the world, including Sergey Sennikov from Ocean Travelers (London/ Hong Kong), John Connelly, CEO at the National Fisheries Institute (US) and Øyvind Oaland, director at Marine Harvest (N).